Forming a business in HK

News, Media and Events Forums Business Set-up Forming a business in HK

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  roy 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
17/09/2012 at 18:51 #4512

cheesehampep

I am here on a travel visa but have the idea to create a small business in HK employing 10 people or so. What are the first requirements for me to start a business?

Furthermore, if I wish to not start a company from scratch, but to buy out a company or become partners with one, would the policy be the same for me? Thanks.

17/09/2012 at 18:56 #4518

Edith

Any person can set up a Hong Kong company. Any company may employ others. If you wish to also work for the company yourself, you will need to amend your immigration status and secure an employment visa. To do this you will need to prepare a credible detailed business plan showing how much capital you propose to invest at the outset, and from where you intend to secure business.
InvestHK headquarters is structured by sector teams. You are welcome to send us more information (to email address: enq@InvestHK.gov.hk) and tell us more about your business plans so that our sector team colleagues can provide the information and support you need in setting up a business in Hong Kong. Our services are free, customised and confidential.

30/07/2013 at 02:29 #5724

rajesh

Dear Wong,

I see that your replies are informative & i hope you are the best person to answer with my question.

I am an Indian & i want to start a travel business in HKG, since I am thinking of establish a Online Travel Portal like e.g onetravel.com & http://www.cheaptickets.hk

I am just planing just to buy HKG domain & launch my services available in HKG however rest of the operation still be based in India

Please advice me the complete procedure Is it still necessary to register.

my email address is minchu_31@in.com

Regards,

Rajesh

30/07/2013 at 02:37 #5728

Edith

Dear Rajesh,

Thank you for your email. Indeed, Hong Kong is an ideal place to set up your travel business. We have over 48 million tourists last year. The city itself is a premier destination for shopping and dining, MICE events in Asia and the new Kai Tak Cruise Terminal is now in full gear. Our Tourism and Hospitality team, headed by Jimmy Chiang, will get back to you on how to set up a travel business in Hong Kong. Our services are free, customised and confidential.

Best regards,
Edith

30/09/2013 at 06:05 #5871

danialouis

It’s a good things that I stumble upon your site and learn well regarding my need , im very pleased from you site and I’ll stop by again too for more information.

24/10/2013 at 03:48 #5994

edu326

Hello, I am based in the Philippines and looking to set up a company to provide consultancy services across Asia. I have a few questions:
1) Are there any recommended companies that can help me set-up the company?
2) What are the average rates to hire a corporate secretary per annum based in HK?
3) How will I know if these companies are legitimate companies that can be trusted?

Thank you.

Edu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.