Import into Hong Kong and Tax Liability

News, Media and Events Forums Why Hong Kong Low and simple tax Import into Hong Kong and Tax Liability

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  edz 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
23/12/2015 at 15:07 #9106

edz

My company is incorporated outside Hong Kong. We are planning to import goods into Hong Kong and need some help on this topics as we are not able to find any answer through the customs or tax website.

1) My company will import goods into Hong Kong and stored in a 3rd party logistic hub managed by a freight forwarder.

Question: Can a foreign business import goods into Hong Kong? If import is through a Hong Kong entity, what is the role and responsibility of the Hong Kong entity.

2) My imported goods will be sold to Hong Kong customer when they pull the goods from the 3rd party hub. The imported goods are purely stored in the 3rd party logistic hub for quicker response to customer needs and no other activities are performed in Hong Kong. All sales and purchases contracts are concluded outside Hong Kong.

Question: Does my company has tax liability in Hong Kong?

3) Can I setup a Hong Kong entity to import goods into Hong Kong? What is the customs and tax implications?

Regards

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.