self employed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Edith 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
07/05/2012 at 18:04 #2611

noomane

as a foreigner,is it possible to be a self employed in Hong Kong ? if yes what are the procedure ?

07/05/2012 at 18:11 #2614

drcris67

i am a nutritionist-biochemist and have clinic interested in me working for them in hong kong. they do not want to sponsor me, so how do i set up business over there so i can sub-contract to them..does anybody know the process of doing this?
thanx in advance
chris
chris@healthdetective.com.au

07/05/2012 at 18:59 #2616

Edith

Dear Chris, thank you for your enquiry. I am connecting you with Simon Tsang, Head of Innovation and Technology team based in Hong Kong, and Cameron Boardman, Head of Australia and New Zealand based in Sydney. These two teams will be able to provide the information and support you need in setting up your business in Hong Kong. Regards, Edith

07/05/2012 at 19:35 #2620

Edith

Dear Noomane, a lot depends on your residential status. If you already have right of abode in Hong Kong, then you are free to do so. If you do not already have right of abode, but are here on an employment visa and you anticipate, or wish to make, a change in your employment status, then you will need to regularise your situation with the Immigration Department. There are various ways in which this might be done and much would depend on the actual circumstances and every case would be looked at in detail on its merits. Regards, Edith

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.