Setting up a new office in Hong Kong

News, Media and Events Forums Business Set-up How to register a company Setting up a new office in Hong Kong

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sallam 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
28/01/2015 at 10:04 #7873

knlgroups

Hi there,

I am running my IT business in Canada and would like to start up similar company in Hong Kong. Since I am the only share holder in my Canadian company, can I do the same in Hong Kong when I try to register a limited company in Hong Kong?

Thanks,
Kit

28/01/2015 at 10:10 #7876

Edith

Dear Kit,

Setting up a company in Hong Kong is easy, quick and inexpensive. Every company must have at least one registered shareholder. When you set up a local limited company in Hong Kong, at least one director and a company secretary are required. There is no requirement for shareholders to be Hong Kong residents and the director can be the company’s sole shareholder. The company secretary, either an individual or corporate, must reside in Hong Kong.

InvestHK has an office in Toronto to support Canadian companies and entrepreneurs to set up or expand their business in Hong Kong. Please contact Shirley Wong at 1-416-324-8150 or email Shirley_wong@hketotoronto.gov.hk. In our headquarters in Hong Kong, we have an ICT team which specifically looks after IT companies. Between these two teams you will have all the support you need in setting up a business in Hong Kong.

Regards,
Edith

23/12/2015 at 09:51 #7930

eppielau

Hi Kit

There must be at least one individual as director for a HK company and there is no limitation of nationality of the director and shareholder who can be the same person. For shareholder, you may consider having yourself and your Canadian company as the shareholder. However, before you determine the structure and register the HK company, you may need to consider your business goal, strategy and tax implication. Though it is not difficult to change corporate structure of a HK company, a well planned structure may save you costs and time.

Best regards
Eppie

06/04/2017 at 12:23 #10346

sallam

Hi
May I know whom I can contact him at Egypt or Qatar setup a company at HK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.